The Khedive of Egypt, Abbas Hilmi Pasha, had the Khedive Pavilion built on the Çubuklu ridges of Beykoz district in 1907 by the Italian architect Delfo Seminati. Built in the form of a chateau on a 270-decare land in the middle of a large grove covered with centuries-old trees, the Pavilion was designed in the "Art Nouveau" style with a tower overlooking the Bosphorus. The field of view of Pavilion’s Tower encompasses half of the Bosphorus. Another important feature of the Khedive Pavilion is that it has the first steam-powered elevator. There is also a fountain made of marble in the middle of the main entrance of the Pavilion in addition to connected fountains and pools.
The title of Khedive is given to the governors appointed by the Ottoman Empire to Egypt. After the occupation of Egypt by the British Empire, the kingdom system was brought to the country, and the khediviate of the Egypt Khedive Abbas Hilmi Pasha came to an end. Therafter, Khedive Abbas Hilmi Pasha went to Switzerland and settled there, but his family stayed in Khedive Pavilion until 1937. After this date, Khedive Pavilion and its lands were purchased and expropriated by the Istanbul Municipality.
After restored by Çelik Gülersoy on behalf of the Turkish Touring Automobile Association in 1984, the Khedive Pavilion was used as a hotel for a while, and after a second restoration between 1994 and 1996, it was transferred to Beltur, a subsidiary of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
Khedive Pavilion, which was renovated in 2021, continues to host its guests only at Khedive Yol Boyu (Roadside) Restaurant, which is located in its garden, due to restoration works.